This site is constructed using HotMetal Pro 4.0, XEmacs (plus
hm--html-menus) and a number of utility programs written in Python.
Development started in May 2000.
The site was originally hosted by Freeserve, at
In January 2001, the domain name www.cambsbridge.org.uk was purchased
and directed at the Freeserve site.
In July 2001, the domain name was directed to a new host at 34sp.com.
This has the following advantages:
- The site won't have to move if I change ISPs.
- It should stop reverting to the home page when the browser refresh
button is pressed or if the back button is used to return to cambsbridge
after visiting another site.
- The URLs of all pages loaded will include the cambsbridge
domain name. Currently, in most browsers, the true host name appears at
the bottom of the window as pages are loaded.
- More disk space is available.
- More detailed logging information is provided, so we can track which
pages are visited most often.
- A wider range of technologies are available for future use if
required (CGI, SSI, MySQL, etc).